LINEAR LRA Residential GATE OPENER CONTROLLER & ACTUATOR
PN / LIN-LRA *
Residential duty swing gate operator, available in 115V supply voltage, 15-18 second gate opening speed.
The LRA has four programmable options for gate operation in case of an AC power failure:
The Model LRA Linear Residential Actuator is designed to open and close a light-duty residential swing gate. The operator can be used in left‑hand or right‑hand swing gate installations on gates weighing up to 600 pounds. Dual gate installations are possible by adding a second LRA2 arm.
The operator is connected by a cable to an APeX electronic controller, which provides all connections for input and entrapment detection devices. The Controller is housed in a separate enclosure and contains a built-in radio receiver for wireless activation by remote control transmitters.
Brackets attached to the gate and gate hinge post are for mounting the operator and to provide a mechanism to move the gate. When the operator activates, the worm drive in the linear actuator changes the distance between the two brackets that the operator is mounted on. When the operator pulls the two brackets closer together, the gate opens. When the operator pushes the two brackets farther apart, the gate closes.
With Fail Safe selected, if AC power fails and the backup battery voltage becomes low, the gate will cycle open and remain open until AC power is restored or the battery gets charged by solar panels. Then, the LRA will resume normal operation and auto-close if programmed to do so.
With Fail Secure selected, if AC power fails and the backup battery voltage becomes low, the gate will cycle closed and remain closed until AC power is restored or the battery gets charged by solar panels. Then, the LRA will resume normal operation.
With Open Immediate selected, if AC power fails the operator will cycle open immediately and remain open until AC power is restored. Then, the LRA will resume normal operation and auto-close if programmed to do so.
With Close Immediate selected, if AC power fails the operator will cycle closed immediately and remain closed until AC power is restored. Then, the LRA will resume normal operation.
- Controller pre-configured for two arms (order LRA and LRA2 for dual arm installation)
- APeX™ controller with outdoor-rated fiberglass enclosure
- Dual batteries charged by 115 VAC or optional solar panels
- Built-in MegaCode receiver
- Magnetic limits for improved reliability
- Adjustable soft-start/soft stop capability
- Adjustable stagger on LRA2 dual gate applications
- Aluminum housing provides protection from the elements without rusting
- Sleek design with no motor or gear protruding from the arm
- Integrated auto close timer (0-9 minutes)
- Dual controller features allows for added flexibility
- Selectable pre-start alarm with provision for ADA compliant visual pre-start and run alarm
- Selectable fail-safe or fail-secure modes of operation
- ETL Listed for UL 325 (Class I-IV) for U.S. and Canada
- 5' cable on LRA, 40' cable on LRA2